August 1953 - Uvalde Baptist Mission formed by Cloverleaf Baptist Church with first educational building and sanctuary
April 4, 1954 - Uvalde Baptist Mission became Uvalde Baptist Church with 242 charter members with Wayne King as pastor
1956 - New sanctuary and second educational building added
1960 - Elementary educational building added
1973 - Activity Center added
1995 - Extensive renovations and additions were made
In August, 1953 Cloverleaf Baptist Church, under the guidance of Bro. L.A. Vermillion, recognized there was a need for a witness in the Home Owned Estates area. This vision grew and Uvalde Baptist Mission was formed, jointly sponsored by the Union Baptist Association and Cloverleaf Baptist Church. Pastors of all Union Baptist Association churches were invited to serve on the Council and upon adoption of the Articles of Faith and the Church Covenant, Uvalde Baptist Church was chartered. On the day of organization the Women’s Missionary Union, Brotherhood and Youth organizations were functioning, having been organized when the Mission began. On April 4, 1954, Uvalde Baptist Mission became Uvalde Baptist Church with 242 charter members. Wayne King served as mission pastor and first pastor of the church until January, 1956. Bill Luton was pastor from January, 1956 to March, 1957. The third pastor was Wayne Tucker who served from 1957 until 1960. Beginning in October, 1960, E.P. Hardin, Jr. pastored until 1980, when he became the first pastor emeritus of the church.